AI and Machine learning are two different areas of computer science but are related.Machine learning is also related more closely to data mining.In Machine learning we try find information from data by finding patterns in data.In machine learning machine is able to learn without requiring any programming in doing a task.
Artificial intelligence is used to develop applications which works in a similar way as a human mind or mimics a human mind.
There is a lot of data and the program is developed to find patterns in the data.So machine learning is used mostly for a huge data set which is very difficult
to manage manually.Following are important points about machine learning:
- Classifier are algorithms which can classify the provided input into a class of categories based on the characteristics of the provided data.
- Machine learning is focused on software or computer program which can learn from experience
- If a software improves itself in performing a certain task over time then it is said to learn from experience
- Python is the main language used in machine learning and has useful libraries such as tensorflow and scikit used in Machine learning.
- Machine learning applications uses maths and statistics.
Machine learning is of three types
- Supervised learning We try to find a function which best approximates the result.We provide test data to the software along with the correct output.After learning the machinhe can predict the outcome from new data.Linear Regression is an example of supervised learning.
- Unsupervised learning We do not provide correct data to the program and it finds the correct patterns in the data itself.Clustering algorithm is an example of this.
- Reinforcement learning Based on learning from environment.Temporal Difference (TD) is an example.