Following are some of the commonly asked cloud interview questions and answers
What is cloud computing?
Normally the required computing resources such as the software,memory and database are used locally.In cloud computing these resources are provided as services over the internet by the service providers.This removes the need to purchase the hardware and setting up other resources onsite.
What are cloud computing services?
Cloud computing services are of three types
- IaaS infrastructure as a service
- PaaS platform as a service
- Saas software as a service
What is Saas?
software as a service provides services as applications.Cloud service providers manages the hosting and installtion of the software applications.
What is PaaS?
PaaS services are cloud services which are used to provide the environment and infrastructure fro developing applications.Infrastrucuture includes things such as network ,databases and servers.This is similar to IaaS ,but PaaS also includes middleware ,tools and DBMS.
What is IaaS?
This is the most basic cloud computing services.This includes servers ,operating systems,networks etc.
How cloud computing is used?
To use Cloud computing you need to register with one of the cloud services providers.Example of cloud service providers are Azure and AWS.
What are the advantages of cloud computing?
- Cost User pays only for the services he uses.It eliminates the need to purchase expensive hardware and resources which are never used.
- Speed High end computing resources can be easily provisioned without the need to waste lot of time in setting up the resources.
- Scalability Resources can added or removed as required easily.
What are some of the commonly used cloud databases?
- Amazon SSD
- SAP HANA
- Google CloudSQL
- Azure by Microsoft